1st Fillongley 2nd Coventry Scouts

22nd Coventry Guiding
Fillongley Falcon Explorers



1st Fillongley - A Brief History
2nd Coventry Scouts first began on the 28th April 1922 when the 2nd Coventry Cathedral Rovers were formed. This group was closed on the 17th January  1928, reopening the following month as the 2nd Coventry Salem Baptist pack. It is not known when this group ended but the 2nd Coventry 1st Fillongley pack commenced on the 14th May 1959. The Scout headquarters that we see today at Fillongley playing fields was officially opened on the 15th September 1973. Fillongley Scouts had not been active since 1998 but on the 26th April 2006, Scouts in Fillongley was re-launched bigger and   better than ever with Beavers and Cubs. 1st Fillongley Scout Troop was then formed in January 2007 at the beginning of the Centenary year. With your commitment and assistance we will keep growing stronger. Each individual Scout group can be identified by the colour of the scarf  (or neckerchief) worn by each of the individual members. The Fillongley scout group scarf is black with a red trim. There is a group badge worn on the back of the necker, depicting a castle. This was the winning designed as part of a competition in 2007 by William Allen, Conner Jones, Jack Calder. The scouts made the Hamma beads replica badge in the hut as part of their creative challenge in 2008 using just under 9000 Hamma beads. It kept them quiet for hours!
In 2014 we launched a second cub pack and beaver colony due to the high demand for places. A tribute to the high quality of programme and scouting we deliver.








FILLONGLEY SCOUTS AND GUIDES               Registered Charity 1064781

Community Web Kit provided free by BT
Cookies and Privacy | Charity Number: 1064781